Sep 2018-Aug 2023
PIs: Bidisha Chaudhuri, Janaki Srinivasan,Sachit Rao
Funding agency: Government of Karnataka, project supported by the MINRO (Machine Intelligence and Robotics) Centre at IIITB
- Srinivasan, Janaki; Pradyumna Taduri and Srravya C. (Forthcoming in 2023), ‘Precarity as opportunity: Revisiting control and consent in the times of algorithms and apps’ in the SAGE Handbook of Global Social Theory.
- Bidisha Chaudhuri and Srravya C.2021. “Humanising data work: Towards responsible machine intelligence” (Paper presentation with Srravya C) at Society for Social Studies of Science (4S) Annual Meeting, Toronto (Virtual), 6th-9th October.
- Das, Soumyo, and Bidisha Chaudhuri.2020. “In Technology We Trust? Human Skills & Intermediaries in Digital Retail Banking.” In IFIP Joint Working Conference on the Future of Digital Work: The Challenge of Inequality, pp. 281-294. Springer, Cham.
- Srinivasan, Janaki and Chaudhuri, Bidisha. 2020. “The creativity of ‘routine’ work: The case of data labellers in Bangalore, India.” Paper presented at the “Codifying Knowledge or Disembodying Work? Cases of Work Practice from India” panel, Society for Social Studies of Science (4S) Annual Meeting, Prague, August 18-21.
- Rao, Sachit,; Bidisha Chaudhuri, and Janaki Srinivasan. 2018.”To Bot or Not to Bot, that’s the question.” Paper presented at the “Artificial Intelligence and Cognition as Social Praxis” panel, Society for Social Studies of Science (4S) Annual Meeting, Sydney, August 29-Septembe.