IIIT-B invites applications for its research degree programs, namely, Doctor of Philosophy and Master of Science by Research/ Master of Science (Research) programs. This call for admissions is for academic year 2017-18 (Term 2) starting in January 2018. The online application portal will be open from 23rd October to 11th November 2017.
Research areas for the IT & Society research domain:
- Digital Infrastructures (particularly access, exclusion, use, disuse, breakdown, failures, authentication/non-authentication, repair, and maintenance of public infrastructures of WiFi and biometrics systems such as Aadhaar)
- Geographic Information Systems and their use in delivery of digital services
- Gender and ICTs
- ICTs and Development (particularly Open Development)
- ICTs in Governance (particularly e-Governance, Biometrics and Digital Identities in Governance, Governance Analytics and Toolkits)
- ICTs in Health (particularly around designing assistive technologies for persons with disabilities)
- ICT Industry (particularly on Automation and its effect on ICT labour force; and how changes in the information technology industry influence the professional trajectories of the information technology professional)
- ICT Policies (in telecommunications, data protection and security, data privacy, cross-border data flow)
- Social and Digital Media (studying their use and evaluating their impact)
Minimum Eligibility Criteria:
- Candidates with a Masters degree in any of the social sciences are eligible to apply for Master of Science by Research/ Master of Science (Research) and Doctor of Philosophy in the ITS domain.
- In addition, candidates with a four-year Bachelors degree in engineering (B.E., B.Tech. or equivalent) can apply for the Master of Science by Research/ Master of Science (Research) program; and those with a Masters degree in engineering (M.E., M.Tech. or equivalent) can apply for the Doctor of Philosophy program.
- Candidates are encouraged to provide a valid score in GATE, JRF, NET, GRE, or GMAT along with their applications. Those without such a score may apply as well.
- For some of the topics, work experience in the information technology industry is desirable but not essential.
- Shortlisted candidates will have to take a written examination at IIITB when called for interview.
More details at: